Tuesday, November 25, 2008

FIRST RIDE ON KIKI!!!!!!












Yesterday Papa and I saddled up the car and drove up to Pirouette Farm in Norwich, VT where Kiki is getting a winter of training with Jane Hamlin. This was my very first time riding her, as we only got to see her out in the field at Acorn Hill and the finalities of her sale went rhough after I had already left for Stanford. So needless to say I was really excited!!! We got started right away with Jane lunging her and then putting me aboard! After being a little quick to start out (reacting to the Erickson "electric leg"), we had some really nice trot work by the end of the first ride.

The Piros were very kind to let us stay the night on Monday night and we had a great time going out to dinner and reminiscing (though Papa and I were quite the party- poopers, going to bed at 9:30!!). The next morning I got Kiki tacked and lunged myself and then we picked up where we left off, working on straightness and creating an uphill balance. It was nice that she was better from the start and so we could get better from there. We had some really lovely trot moments, and then at the end did some little trot poles and even a little x! The jumping was by far the best part - Kiki was very honest and has a super little jump =). It was so fun! I can't wait to see her again in December.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...