Monday, May 4, 2009

Galway Spring Horse Trials

Just a quick update as I am trying to get everything organized for school in a few hours!

Galway was amazing! It was Dually and my first Intermediate in CA, and our second Intermediate ever. After walking the course, I could tell that this was going to be a big step up from May Poplar last year! Dually was workman- like in the dressage to lie in 3rd after that phase, suffered through some absolutely appalling piloting on his rider's part in the stadium that led to somewhat of a cricket score in that phase, and then blasted around xc like a walk in the park! The cross country was amazing, as I really felt him improving and gaining confidence as we went around. I can't describe how much I love this horse! We ended the weekend in 4th in a small but fairly experienced division. I couldn't be more proud of the dude.

1 comment:

Suzie said...

Congratulations on a successful I go. Do you normally train with Gina? I'm just curious because I do, too, but I haven't see you there? Obviously you have been though: there are pictures! Your horse's marking's look very familiar (and distinctive).

What other events are you planning on attending this year?

-Suzie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...