Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Shepherd Ranch PC Horse Trials

We survived!!! Or rather, Ringo survived my nerves =D. This past weekend I headed down to Santa Ynez (near Santa Barbara) for my first event with Ringo. The little black and white was foot-perfect from start to finish! We had a pretty mediocre dressage due to me not giving him the best warm up possible, but he still had some good moments and ended up with a 35 for a middle of the pack placing. It's exciting to think how much more brilliant he can be when I ride him to his fullest potential. He was then brilliant on cross country, despite being surprisingly wild in the warm up! It was one of the most fun rounds I've had in a long time, and I was pleasantly surprised to come in with only 3.6 time penalties despite not wearing a watch. On show jumping morning I was painfully nervous, but Ringo really stepped up to the plate and was an angel in the warmup, and then produced an awesome double clear show jumping round. I couldn't have been more pleased!! We ended up 6th and won the award for top Pony Clubber. Good boy Ringo!
















3 comments:

Andrea said...

OMG he is so CUTE!! Congrats on the placing, can you send a little of that adorable my way? :D

Veronica Lodge said...

what a cutie! Congrats on the PC award!

Albigears said...

Fantastic pictures! Cuuuuu-uuute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...