Tuesday, November 24, 2009

RIding Kiki!

Yesterday Papa and I headed up to Pirouette Farm in Norwich, VT to take some lessons from Jane Hamlin. Papa took Dually and went first so I could watch a while before grabbing Kiki. It was the first time I'd seen them go together and I couldn't be more pleased; they both looked so happy, Dad rode great, and Dually was perfect. I'm so delighted for them.

I got on Kiki next. It was a very busy day on the farm and Kiki found it all VERY VERY EXCITING. I think Jane was pretty mortified because she's been quite good lately but came out with a bee in her bonnet and spent the first half of the lesson tucking her butt and jigging around the arena. I had a blast though and spent the entire lesson beaming from ear to ear. Kiki did eventually settle down a bit and we had some nice trot and canter work by the end of the ride.

The plan is to come back in December and ride Kiki a few more times under Jane's supervision before taking her back down to the farm. So excited!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...