Friday, April 30, 2010

YES


I just heard that I got into my study abroad program for next year!! YAY!! That means that, starting next January, I'm going to be spending at least six (hopefully nine!) months in...

OXFORD!

I am sooo beyond excited. Studying abroad has been a dream of mine since wayyy before I came to college, and now it's finally happening. I'm going to be in the eventing homeworld, studying at one of world's finest universities, and learning about the things that I love. Oxford has one of the best Ancient Middle Eastern Studies programs on the planet, so as an Art History major concentrating in Ancient Mesopotamian Art, I feel like I've hit the jackpot!

I'm going to be at Oxford for Winter and Spring quarters of next year, and would like to be able to get a summer internship or job that would allow me to stay through the summer. Plus, I've gotten the ok from the parents that I might be able to have a four-legged companion come with me (shhhh....), so I'd really like to be able to stay for as long as possible to take advantage of that opportunity.

Just seven months from now, I'll be here:






=)

3 comments:

PruSki said...

Wow! Congrats! I hope that you are able to take one of your ponies! I look forward to reading more!!!

Rachel said...

Thats so amazing! I wish I would have had the guts to study abroad in college. I went to england (Newmarket specifically) for a couple weeks after my HS graduation and it was the most amazing experience. Helped that I was in the horseracing capital of England :) I woke up to the clomping of hooves on cobblestone every morning outside of my window.

Hope you will continue to blog so I can live vicariously!

Katherine Erickson said...

thank guys! I will DEFINITELY keep blogging =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...