Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Year With Ringo


It's hard to believe that just a few days over a year ago, I sat on Ringo for the first time. I'm still in shock that such a wonderful and talented horse has come into my life; we've had our ups and downs, but that doesn't mean that I don't still feel lucky every single day that I get to be around him. He's such a gifted and well-educated athlete, and he has many lessons to teach me that I've only begun to tap into. I really hope that I can figure out how to make him confident and happy in the jumping, but even if we never trot an X again I'm confident that we'll still be able to have a lot of fun together and that he'll be able to teach me an enormous amount. That's a pretty good feeling, all things told, and something I often remind myself of when other aspects of our relationship get frustrating.

So what have I learned from Ringo? What have I learned about him?

I've learned...


...that you really can get on a horse for the first time and feel like you've known them for much longer.

... that Ringo is beautiful (duh).

... that Ringo is a good sport.

... that Ringo is a cool customer.

... that Ringo has the best jump I've ever sat!!


... that Ringo is a good partner.

... that Ringo is a good friend!

... that Ringo is generous!

... that Ringo is picture-perfect.

... that Ringo is, umm... idiosyncratic.

... that Ringo can be a delicate flower.

... that Ringo is fancy!

... that Ringo is a trier.

... that I love Ringo.

I've also learned...


... how to sit (better than I am in the photo above!).

... how to polish.

... how to get a 9!

... how to be a more tactful and patient rider.

And finally, with Ringo I've gotten to see some pretty amazing things:



Hopefully there'll be many more beautiful places and wonderful moments to come! Here's to another great year, and many more after that.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

what great pics! Congrats on your anniversary and all of your accomplishments up to this point!

Val said...

Certainly an impressive year!!!
And a wonderful horse, of course.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...