Sunday, August 29, 2010

Third Time's the Charm

Hard to believe, but summer on the farm is over. After a very brief turnaround from Huntington, papa and I loaded Kiki up one more time and made the big trek back to California to return to my nine months of the year home at Stanny. Kiki was a bit mystified to be on the road again, but travelled beautifully. My pre-existing sleep debt plus many hours on the road effectively turned my brain to mush, so I won't even try to go into a big blow by blow. I will just say that, man, this country is beautiful, every single part of it. This was Papa's and my third time making this trip, and the more of it I see, the more I want to see. Every horizon contains so many roads, so many vistas yet to be explored. Someday I want to take a real road trip, without a horse (and the accompanying need for efficiency) and try to see as much of this great country as I can.

In the meantime, I will be spending the next few weeks fulfilling a more than lifelong dream. It may be a little while until I writ again, but don't worry: I'll have a lot to tell :)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I hope we hear from you soon! Sounds like you will have some great stories to tell :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...