Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Waiting Game Continues

(Heartbreaker)

Well, crap.

Not only is does Kiki's diagnostic odyssey continue (vet is coming back on Monday to do the ultrasounds she couldn't do yesterday because she did a block), but it seems like the range of possible issues has narrowed to a few, very grim, choices. I won't go into details now until the ultrasound confirms the vet's current hypothesis on Monday, as there's still a sliver of a chance that it's something much less serious, but it doesn't look good.

I'm in complete shock. I feel like I've tried so hard to do right by this horse, and by all my horses, and instead I've been left with "the year that could have been." I know that this is part of owning and loving such remarkably fragile creatures, but it doesn't make the knowledge that my horse is seriously injured and in pain any easier.

I'll write more on Monday when we have complete answers and a plan for how to move forward from here.

1 comment:

Kristen Eleni Shellenbarger said...

Hang in there..there is always hope for a fast recovery! Horses often know more than our vets do on how quick they can bounce back! I'm sending you good thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...