Thursday, December 23, 2010

In the Twilight Zone


I'm currently sitting in Atlanta Bread Company in Aiken, South Carolina, after a whirlwind 18 hour drive down with Kiki and Ringo to drop them off for the winter while I'm abroad. ABC is famous among Aiken eventers as a place to get free WiFi, and on my year off I can't even count the number of nights I spent here nursing a soda until closing time to get some precious internet time. So, I'm feeling a bit twilight zone-y in more ways than one: here I am back almost three years to the day in Aiken, everything weirdly just as I left it, the farm I worked at looking almost unchanged and all my favorite landmarks still intact. I've also been up almost nonstop for the past 24 hours in a haze of adrenaline and caffeine, and so I'm feeling more than a bit delirious at the moment!!

The horses both settled in well, barring one small meltdown from Ringo when we first arrived. Kiki of course was a total star: she trotted around a little bit, drank a bucket of water, rolled, and started eating grass. When we just left, she was napping in the sun. What a champ! I'm going to miss them very much but know they'll be in good hands at the farm in Aiken.

Pony profiles will resume when I get home, whenever that may be...

2 comments:

heater a. said...

Hey I love your blog! I can't remember if I've ever commented or not.

My trainer is in Aiken. It's an awesome place. Where are your horses staying?

Katherine Erickson said...

thanks! The horses are off Joyner Pond Road (which is down 78, past Sporting Days). Where is your trainer? Aiken is such an awesome horse town!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...