Friday, January 28, 2011

Super Exciting News

I BOUGHT MY TICKETS TO BADMINTON TODAY!!!!


See that massive throng of people? This April, I'll be one of them!! Badminton is the mecca of eventing, and has been a dream destination of mine since I was 8 years old. I've watched the tapes, followed the reports, and even gotten up at 2:30am the past few years to stream coverage live online. I will freely admit that, when I was applying to Oxford, the prospect of going to Badders was a major selling point.

The only somewhat downside of Badminton as a destination is that it's fairly unfriendly towards people without their own vehicle as it's not in a city centre and so not easily accessed by train or bus. So, factor in the prospect of taking cabs to and from the grounds every day with B&B prices that were sure to be sky high given that it's not only Badminton weekend but also a bank holiday and Easter all in one, and things were starting to look pretty bad on the cost side.

That is, until I found out about the camping option. Now, I'm not a huge camper but I've spent more than my fair share of nights sleeping out at horse shows, and so when faced with an option that was not only cheaper than your average B&B but also would allow me to walk to the main grounds every day, consider me SOLD. And, they've even got onsite showers, which would put accommodation far above that which I often get at horse shows. It's probably going to pour down rain all weekend and I'll probably leave on Sunday feeling like a drowned rat, but I couldn't care less because I'M GOING TO BADMINTON!!

In other news I know I said I wasn't doing anything horsey this weekend, but it turns out Cheltenham's got a fairly big race card on for Saturday, so . . . =)

2 comments:

Ruffles said...

Yay! Lucky you that would be so cool :)

Suzie said...

WANTTTTTTT!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...