Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

(Me n Ma in Egypt this past Christmas)

Happy Mother's Day!! I'm so lucky to have such an incredible and supportive Mom. Mom was the first horse-lover in the family, and it was her old horse books, Breyers, and statues that she had around the house growing up that first kindled my love for them (her riding with me in the womb probably didn't hurt either!). Even though my go-to horse show parent has most often been Pa, that's because Mom has always been working so hard to be able to make my riding passion a reality. She's the real driving force behind the farm, and her love for each and every animal we have is inspirational (even that damn pig!! A love I will never understand ;D). I also feel so lucky to have such a role model in my life: my mom is one of the most intelligent, driven, and self-confident people I know, and she has accomplished an incredible amount in her field of business, mostly at a time when women were still heavily discriminated against. I know that I wouldn't be where or who I am today without her.

Plus, now that she has a new horse, I'm super excited to get to ride with her again!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...