Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Back in the Good Life

I'm back!! Sorry I haven't written for a while; I've been totally overwhelmed with the excitement of getting back, de-jetlagging, and trying to get settled into my new summer schedule. It's going to be a crazy few months, with me going to school in Cambridge from 9 to 4 every day. I have to leave the house by 7:20 to get to the train on time, and don't get back until past 5. Then running, finishing up homework, and riding my two ponies makes for some very busy days! But I couldn't be happier to be back, so I'm not complaining =)

It's unbelievable to have the horses back in my life on a daily basis again. I've missed them so much! Ringo has been feeling magical, and when I rode him for the first time on Monday I got to canter him for the first time in eleven months and three weeks. He's been cantering for a over a month now, and is feeling wonderfully strong and happy. I'm thrilled!!

The first time I rode Kiki when I got back, she was... AWFUL. Like, one of worst rides Id ever had on her. She was ragingly in heat and so was a total idiot. Haha, way to keep me humble, Marebear. Fortunately, we've been getting more and more in sync again recently and she's been feeling better every day. We jumped a little bit today in preparation for the clinic and she was perfect! I on the other hand was not so hot, so it was especially good of her to be such a good sport putting up with me. We definitely won't be totally back totally back in top form by the clinic this weekend, but it's looking more and more like we won't be embarrassing at the very least. Here's hoping =)

Here are some photos of them from today. Eeee I love being back on the farm!

(Hiiiiii)

(Pretty girl with a dewy muzzle)

(Today's mission: safety)

(good girllll)

(I swear she's just yawning, not coughing up a lung)

(slick and damp after her shower)

(The best face)

(Über handsome)

2 comments:

Dressager said...

I love the wet pony picture. They must be happy you're back, too!

STB Eventer said...

Yay! Glad you are home safe and sound, though I did love reading about your adventures abroad! Great pics. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...