Friday, July 29, 2011

Off to the Woff

I may be running off of an average of about 4 hours of sleep per night over the past week and am facing the daunting challenge of a seven hour drive to Pennsylvania directly ahead (though mercifully Pa and I will tackle that together), and I may have butterflies jumping around in my stomach at the idea of riding in front of one of the biggest figures (scratch that, THE GOD) of eventing and am nervous whether he'll like Kiki and all those usual pre-clinic jitters, but I'm also SO EXCITED. I get to ride with Jim Wofford this weekend!!

I got to ride with Jim Wofford once in June 2009, right towards the end of my time with Dually. Dually and I had had a terrible go at Copper Meadows just over a week earlier and our confidence was pretty low; at Copper he had been so tentative and sucked back in the show jumping, and I was doubting whether he wanted to do this anymore. Within a few minutes with Jimmy he was blasting around like his old self again, jumping better than he had in months and feeling like we could go Advanced the next weekend. I may or may not have almost killed Jimmy at one point when our steering utterly failed in a sunken road, but otherwise it was a massive massive success.

So, when the opportunity opened up to ride with him again, even as far away as York, PA, I jumped at it! I have no idea how Kiki will behave, but that's part of what makes owning her exciting, haha. I jumped for the first time since Huntington on Wednesday and set up a gymnastic from his book, which generally went well though I felt massively rusty and like I couldn't see a distance--worse even than when I first came home from England!! Yikes! I think I was just psyching myself out a bit; if I stay loose and cool over the weekend and don't over think too much (always my biggest problem), I have good reason to believe that all will be well.

3 comments:

jenj said...

Good luck and have fun!

Dressager said...

Good luck!

Kate said...

Good luck! Can't wait to hear how it goes

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...