Saturday, August 27, 2011

So Long, Farewell

It's hard to believe, but my summer on the farm has come to a close already. Where did the time go? I was only home for just under 8 weeks, but what a fun (and busy!) 8 weeks they were. I'm going to miss the farm very much, but am also looking forward to the three easy weeks I'll have in California before the school year begins.

I'm currently in Michigan with both ponies in tow, a quarter of the way back to our second home in Palo Alto. We stopped off today so I could do a day of work for the USEA, taking pictures at the Richland Park HT and CIC. It was my first big horse show since Luhmuhlen and I had such a blast!! Horse shows truly are amazing places. I'll have photos from Richland tomorrow, but at the moment here is a brief (and, I admit, fairly nauseating) video of me and Kiki on our last ride on the farm two nights ago (inspired by Suzie's awesome beach conditioning videos, which are considerably better!) =):


Ringo, in the meantime, got a going back to school gift of a very different sort:


A double bridle! Mom's new pony came with a double (just part of the MASSIVE wardrobe that he arrived with!) and, on Tuesday night, I decided to try it on Ringo on a whim. And, it fit! Score! It'll be a while yet before we're ready to start training in it, but it's fun to dream...

Tomorrow we head to Grand Island, Nebraska, for the second leg of the trip. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Checkmark115 said...

did you know you are in the US Eventing MAg??? Dually is the horse of the month :)

Checkmark115 said...

But they got your blog name wrong!

Katherine Erickson said...

ahh yes I knew it was happening but I haven't seen it yet - does it look ok?? Bummer about the blog though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...