Monday, October 31, 2011

Ringo's a New Man

Today was a banner day, because I gritted my teeth and clipped a horse for the first time in three years! I only did Ringo (Kiki is slated for Friday) and I was pretty nervous, but it actually went fine. It only took an hour and a half (as opposed to the three hours I was fearing) and, while there definitely are some tracks, they could be a lot worse.

(Ringo amidst the blizzard of white fluff that was his winter coat)

(Not Dually-levels of fuzziness, for sure, but still impressive!)

(Rachel holding Ringo to show off his new 'do - this picture totally does not do justice how much better his topline has gotten. But look! No more ribs! And he's starting to develop a butt! Progress)

I'm set to clip a school horse each on Tuesday and Thursday, and then Kiki on Friday. Looks like I'm going to have a lot of hairy laundry to do on Friday night...

5 comments:

jenj said...

Nice job! Wanna do mine next? ;)

Suggest RE the hairy laundry: I usually go to Home Depot and pick up one of those white "bunny suits" people use for crawling around in the attic insulation. They're super cheap, go on over your clothing, and totally keep all the pony hair off you. When you're done clipping, just unzip, step out, and shake them off, and they're all ready for the next use! Way better than itchy hair... ahem... all over. ;)

Mikaela Coston said...

While your at it want to clip Zammy? I started him for you and i think his neck has more hair then all of Ringo combined. What kind of clipper do you use on the ponies?

Kate said...

Lol, have fun with that laundry!
Ringo looks adorable. What a handsome pony :)

SprinklerBandit said...

So itchy!! I don't think I have the erhm, stones, for a bunny suit, but I See the utility.

jenj said...

... and by "bunny suit," I meant one of these.

Add ears and a tail at your own risk. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...