Saturday, November 5, 2011

I am a Fool

I have my last horse show of the year tomorrow with Ringo, something that I should have been meticulously arranging and getting ready for for the past few weeks. Instead I feel totally out to lunch and unprepared. So unprepared, in fact, that I haven't even arranged my coaching yet.

Heidi Gaian kindly offered to coach me over a month ago when I took a lesson with her, and then sent out a follow up email about ten days ago asking to set something up beforehand. I kept putting off getting back to her... and putting it off, and putting it off, until suddenly it was 6pm tonight and I realized that it was far too late to email her and I didn't have her phone number. Clearly, I am dumb. Hopefully I can just get to the show early enough tomorrow to find her, apologize profusely, and maybe slip into the schedule at the last minute (and hopefully try to come off as not too much of a flake... whoops).

In general, I'm feeling pretty good, though I definitely did have a run through of the test with Rachel on Thursday that went so atrociously that I started getting green around the gills. Fortunately Rachel gave me some great pointers that will hopefully help me save points in some key places: the rein back, turn on the haunches, and medium trot. I'm hoping that, armed with that advice and a good healthy dose of adrenaline, we'll be able to put in a non-embarrassing performance tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Ruffles said...

Good luck!!! I'm sure everything will work out.

Kate said...

Good luck, and I hope it all works out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...