Monday, November 21, 2011

Keep Rachel in Your Thoughts

I am too stressed/worried/overwhelmed to go into details, but my dressage coach and dear friend Rachel is very sick. She collapsed at a team dinner she hosted for us at her house last night and is currently in stable but very serious condition at the hospital. Please keep her in your thoughts.

Rachel has been an unbelievable mentor to me over the past three years. She is the first person EVER who actually made me enjoy dressage, realize that it could be fun, and that I might actually be not terrible at it (she has still has to work pretty hard to convince me of that last one...!). When I came back to Stanford after my disastrous time off in the early months of 2010 she was the first person to dust me off and get me back on my feet and enjoying riding again. I owe so, so, so much to her and know that there's no way I'd be the rider I am today without her.

(Rachel with the Stanford Dressage Team at our first show of the year at Cal Poly a few weeks ago)

12 comments:

Dom said...

Keeping Rachel (and you) in my thoughts.

Leah said...

In my thoughts. Get better ASAP!

Diligent Horse said...

So sorry to hear of this. Rachel will be in my thoughts.

Kate said...

Sorry to hear that; here's to a speedy recovery.

Havarah Equestrian said...

I love your posts- so great seeing all the amazing things you keep yourself busy with. Who is this grey? A fantastic looking horse! My thoughts are with you for Racheal, I hope all goes ok!

Dressager said...

Keeping Rachel in my thoughts. So sorry to hear about this.

jenj said...

Sending good thoughts Rachel's way. Please let us know how she's doing!

Suzie said...

Oh no! I am seriously distraught to hear this! She is such a bubbly personality. I hope that she gets better soon. Please keep me in the loop! If CP's Dressage Team were to send a card/flowers, where should we send it to?

Alessandra said...

So sorry to hear about Rachel!! Please, let us know about her conditions soon...

Ruffles said...

My fingers are crossed. I hope she gets better fast.

BeBe said...

Jingles for Rachel xxxx

Suzanne said...

I saw your other post on her improvement... thank god! Still sending my prayer to Rachel and her family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...