Sunday, June 3, 2012

Happy June!

Happy June everyone! June is always my favorite month of the year: school getting out, the real arrival of summer in the northeast, the longest day of the year at the solstice, the first really hot and humid days of the year back home in Massachusetts, the first summer horse shows, lazy evenings watching purple sunsets from the back porch, and of course my birthday too!

This time around June looks like it's going to be one of the busiest months I've had in a while. In addition to all those normal shenanigans, I'll also be scrambling to finish up all my responsibilities at Stanford, graduating from college (T minus 2 weeks!), and then immediately packing up and moving 3,000 miles to my new home in Middleburg, VA. I'm currently in a phase of feeling very positive and optimistic about graduation (though that tends to range on a daily basis between euphoria and deep, deep depression, so no bets on how I'll feel about it tomorrow!), and can't wait to start the next adventure.

In the meantime, here are a lot of pictures of Ky that I've been scraping together over the past two weeks. HOW CUTE IS THIS PONY. SRSLY. I can't wait to have him to myself!


(Me and Ky at Ky's first show ever - the American Connemara Pony Society Region 1 show at GMHA all the way back in 1998, when he was reserve champion foal)

 (looking pleased with himself after an amazing gallop on the beach)

 (Best pony!!)

 (cutest little black-point ears)

 (Checking out Pa and Dually)


 (sooo happy)

 (small pony, big outlook on life)

 (ps Cranes Beach is pretty shabby.... hahahaha)

 (Ky chilling with Dually while The Dude takes a roll)

 (2002 Connemara show at GMHA - I'm on Rosie, second from left, and Ky is furthest on the right. If there was ever a Connemara I loved more than Ky, it was Rose - what a horse)

 (no Ky, but look at little squirtlet me on the right! This must have been '98 or '99 - for most of my childhood, the Connemara show was the biggest highlight of the summer)

(We also can't forget Ray, who is of course, the real star of the show)

3 comments:

Beckz said...

How is Dually? because he was injurd wasn't he?

L.Williams said...

Thanks for sharing such great pictures and congratulations on your future!

Katherine Erickson said...

Thanks guys! Beckz, thanks for reminding me - I was planning on doing an update of him pretty soon. He's doing fine and is back under saddle again, but at his age we've decided to pretty much retire him to trail riding and light hacking at this point.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...