Monday, October 15, 2012

14 Years Later...


...Not much has changed :)

(Though I'm not sure why Ky's butt looks so big in the present-day photo - I swear he actually has better conformation than that!)

Getting to ride Ky again has been an unbelievable treat. Hopefully he feels the same way, though there definitely has been some light a**-kicking of late to try to get him on the same page as me behavior wise (NO rooting NO eating grass when I'm trying to lead him in from the paddock NO pawing NO walking away from the mounting block NO trying to spin me off on the trail NO throwing a fit at the concept of a half halt... the list is extensive, haha). He's taken it all in stride though and has been a total champ of late, so I like to think that he's enjoying himself as much as I am. We even went on an awesome bareback ride through the park yesterday and managed to successfully encounter a massive fun run with no bad behavior whatsoever -- score!!

I'm going away for the large part of next week with my mom to accompany her on a business trip, which will give him some time to recover and reflect on the first two weeks of our partnership, and then we get to gear up for a clinic with Eric Smiley on the 28-29th. I haven't ridden with Eric in 5 years and am sooo excited!

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Love a cute buckskin pony! Glad you're back in town! Maybe one day we could do a pony play date and you can show me the secret places in GB?

Dom said...

Soooo cute!

Hillary H. said...

What a cutie! Glad you are enjoying your rides.

diligenthorse said...

So cute!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...