Friday, October 12, 2012

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

So I've had some pretty exciting news that I've been sitting on for a while now, but I wanted to wait until I got home and could take pictures of everything. To make a long story short...

I won a contest! A big one!

During the Olympics, Bit of Britain hosted a contest to try to predict the medalists of the different equestrian disciplines. I didn't think much about it, but on the closing day for guesses my roommate Leslie convinced me to take a try. I only did eventing, put my guesses in, and promptly forgot about it.

...Until mid-August, when I got a text from a friend congratulating me for winning!  It turns out that eventing was the only discipline where there were multiple people with equally correct guesses, so it came down to pulling a name out of a hat.

(One of those pieces of paper has my name on it! From the Bit of Britain Facebook page)

I have never won anything raffle- or sweepstakes-like like this in my entire life, so it definitely was a massive thrill! Bit of Britain came through and offered some seriously cool prizes--they didn't arrive until I'd already left for California so I just got to see them in the past week, and I've been blown away with how nice the quality is. I love everything!

I got:


 (A swanky Equifit half pad that I've been lusting over for a looooong time - so fancy! Ky approves)

 (An awesome Rambo blanket! Ringo approves, though he looks a little shifty in this photo)

 (A cute Kerrits jacket that I haven't worn yet but that looks great - I also got some Kerrits breeches that I've been wearing CONSTANTLY because they're soooo comfortable, but I didn't get a picture because they were disgustingly dirty by the time I thought about doing so)

 (Awesome fancy-stitched bridle!)

(A big tub of Cavalor goodies!)

So thank you, Bit of Britain!! I'm so thrilled, and I'm already putting almost everything to immediate good use. As a currently unemployed recent college graduate, getting a major boon like this really, really means a lot.

In other news, both the ponies are doing well and I'm getting excited to have my first lesson since August on Tuesday. I'm getting really pumped for the winter training season - bring it on! 

6 comments:

SprinklerBandit said...

So cool!! Congrats, from another person who never wins anything.

Dragon said...

That's a serious amount of loot. Congrats!

Kate said...

Wow, that's awesome! Boy did they ever come through....

Megs said...

That's probably the best collection of prizes i've ever seen. Everything is such good quality, and useful!

Suzie said...

Holy cow! That's so awesome! Usually the prize is a hat or something...

Hillary H. said...

So jealous! Congrats!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...