Sunday, December 16, 2012

I Heart My New Saddle (And Ringo Does, Too)

It looks like we're heading into one of our first major winter storms over the next few days, and it's likely that our arena is going to freeze (possibly for the foreseeable future). So, Ringo and I celebrated what might be our last working ride 'at home' for 2012 with a great ride... in my new saddle!


Seriously, how sexy does he look? What a stud. Even with his crusty, icicle-filled old man beard.

I rode Ringo, Ky, and Kiki in the new saddle today and loved the way it felt on all of them: it's such a treat to have a flap big enough and blocks small enough that my leg can actually hang naturally instead of getting jammed around! I found it much easier to sit and keep my lower leg quiet, which is something that I'd been really struggling with in my old saddle. It also didn't hurt that I greased it this morning, making it so sticky that I literally felt superglued in... haha.

Feeling very lucky this evening!! :)

6 comments:

Kelly (ridegroomfeed) said...

Hooray for the new saddle! I actually kind of like the colour :). Stunning photo, too. Wish we got winters like that here (I think?).

SprinklerBandit said...

Now he just needs a brown bridle. :)

Katherine Erickson said...

Kelly, I'd be careful what you wish for... haha. Though I do like snow (just not weeks and weeks and weeks of it at a time).

Sprinklerbandit, don't tempt me - I really try to not be too much of a tack addict, but the urge to ALWAYS match is very, very strong...

BeBe said...

So glad you are enjoying your new saddle :) We dont even have snow here in Ontario yet!

AmberRose- Girl With a Dream said...

Hey, I'm new to your blogger a fellow blogger 'Me' said to check out your blog cause I ma horse and photography mad, just wanted to say I love your blog :D and look forward to reading it more

Katherine Erickson said...

BeBe, we had it for a day, but now it's been freezing raining so it's just ice and mud - yuck!!

Amber Rose, I'm glad you're enjoying the blog! Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...