Monday, January 28, 2013

Briefly

I wanted to write briefly, first to thank everyone for their unbelievable outpouring of support and kindness in the past week. I'm completely overwhelmed and touched by your wonderful words, thoughts, and prayers.

I've been quiet since my last update for several reasons:

1) Dually is still in serious condition at Tufts, though he is currently stable and as happy as he could be, given the situation. That being said, there hasn't been much 'exciting' to report - there is still no diagnosis and no firm picture of the future. I wanted to wait to give an update until we had a better sense of what was going on, and that hasn't really happened.

2) Since everything is still so nebulous, I've been more of an emotional basket case than usual, and so haven't felt in the most balanced place to be writing. I know that falls into the category of trying keep an 'honest' blog, like I talked about last time, but I've just been too emotionally drained to do it.

3) I'm currently not even in Massachusetts, as I had booked tickets over a month ago to come out to California this weekend to visit my friends and help with the Stanford dressage show and decided that I should go ahead an make the trip in the spirit of not letting this stress and worry paralyse me (though if I'm honest I really, really wanted to stay at home). The trip has ended up being refreshing and wonderful, which I needed, but I'm really anxious to get home as soon as possible as well.

So I promise I will have a clearer update as soon as I can. Until then, all I can say again is: thank you, thank you, thank you.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Praying for Dually! He seems like quite a good guy :-) hang in there, Kate!

T Myers said...

Glad you had a little escape to breathe a bit. Jingling like crazy for Dually

Deered said...

Still hoping for the best for Dually. It's great that you were able to get out of town for a few days. And it's not unreasonable to be a bit of a basket case at the moment. You will get through, you're a very strong young lady and you do have the skills to cope (even if it doesn't feel like it right now).

AmberRose- Girl With a Dream said...

Dually is in my thoughts hun! Hang in there, and lets hope for the best!

Nicku said...

Get well soon Dually!!!! Hugs and prayers for you all!

Alia said...

It was nice to see your face around the court again! Best wishes to Dually

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...