Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Entering a World of Pain

First of all, Happy New Year!! I hope you had a wonderful, restful, and joyful holiday season.

(Ringo and I rang in the new year with a fun bareback ride in the newly fallen snow we got over the weekend!)

So, I got new boots.

(Spiffy)

They are my very first pair of real dressage boots, complete with the super thick stovepipe legs and reinforced (synthetic) whalebone backs to prove it. Since my previous boots for showing were Ariat Monacos, pretty much the softest and most buttery tall boots around, these new ones are... an adjustment, to say the least.

And I'm in pain!! I haven't had boots that I've had to actually 'break in' for like 10 years (I know, I know... I'm very spoiled), and though I haven't given up and taken them off yet, I'm definitely hobbling. That being said, however, I definitely noticed a difference in the way I was able to use my leg when I was riding tonight (maybe I'm just making that up to justify this newest purchase... ssssshh). The things we do for this crazy sport!!

(Very fuzzy, but you can sort of see the boots in action)

(Also, it looked like this today while I was riding - real winter, I'm realizing how much I missed you!)

11 comments:

Emily M said...

That last picture... I want it... in a frame... on my wall. It's just gorgeous! We have snow on the ground here (colorado) as well, and I just love it.

(and seriously... can I make a print of your picture?)

AmberRose- Girl With a Dream said...

I adore the last picture it is absolutely stunning! We still haven't had snow here (UK)

Kelly said...

We have lots of snow - will be happy to ship it your way :)

I am right there with you - hubby bought me new tall boots with his Christmas bonus. They are pretty and look nice - but oh my...I just want to put my old old broken down, second hand when I got them, boots back on!

jenj said...

Ugh, new boots are the worst. Well, until they break in of course.

Do you by chance sell any of your photography work? Because that last picture is just STUNNING, and I'd love to have it in my house!

Alia said...

Lol I got new boots too! I haven't worn tall boots since I was 10. I'm not looking forward to the hobbling when I get back to CA

Dom said...

They LOOK painful (though, admittedly, beautiful).

Me said...

So how do you like the zippers? I'm intrigued as I have an old pair of Dehner field boot pull-ons which I'm considering sending back to Dehner for zippers. They'll only put zippers in on the inside fronts...

Happy New Year!

Katherine Erickson said...

Aww thank you, and sure! Send me an email at k.m.erickso (at) gmail . com and I'll send you a print!

Katherine Erickson said...

Send me an email (k.m.erickso at gmail) and I'll happily send you a print :)

Katherine Erickson said...

I actually like the front zips. They don't get as much sweat/dirt/gunk in the them, and they're not noticeable while I'm riding. I guess the only problem would be if someone had a MASSIVE knee-pinching problem, they might be uncomfortable (because the closure goes right over the front of the knee), but I do pinch with my knee a little bit and it's not a big deal.

I'd recommend them!

Karley said...

LOVE the last picture! I agree, id love to buy it off you!

Yay for new boots! Seriously the things we do for this sport haha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...