Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Great News!!

Dually gets to come home on Friday!! While his numbers aren't completely normal, they've dropped significantly. Even better, the vets at Tufts found an antibiotic that Dually responded to well, which means that we can just cut him down to that one drug and administer it at home. Yay!!

The downside? The antibiotic that works is UNBELIEVABLY expensive, quite dangerous to humans (it causes irreversible anemia if it comes in contact with the skin! Yikes!), and has to be administered round the clock every six hours. Thank goodness we love that guy so much :) I'm trying to get as much sleep as possible now to get ready for a few weeks of progressive sleep deprivation.

In the meantime, here are a few photos from my weekend in California - I had so much fun helping out at the Stanford IDA home show (which they won!!) and getting to ride tons of ponies, including my favorite, Freddy. The only bummer is that I'm currently trying to grow my hair out, and I think it's finally gotten to the point where I've got to pull the hairnet out again. Sigh... it's been a good run without it, but having flyaway hair drives me nuts. Back to the lunch lady look we go.

(Freddy looks fantastic! I look... like a dumpy crazy lady. Boo. Vanessa Bartsch photo)

(Me and my best dressage bud Patrick hacking out Freddy and Armani on a beautiful California afternoon)

(Warming up Ronnie, another one of Stanford's fabulous chestnuts, for the UDA show. Maria Filsinger photo)

14 comments:

Dom said...

Yikes! What antibiotic is that?

Glad to hear he's coming home.

T Myers said...

Such happy news!

That is crazy about the antibiotic...wow. Make sure you get yourself equipped with some good rubber gloves.

Niamh said...

Great news! He'll be so happy to be at home!

jenj said...

Hooray! Wonderful news!!!

And what is this crazy dangerous antibiotic?!?!

Kate said...

Yay!! Glad to hear he's doing well enough to come home.

Also, California looks warm -_-

Alana said...

Yay Dually!!!!! And another "scary antibiotic! What is it??" comment...

AmberRose- Girl With a Dream said...

YAY Amazing news soo soo happy for you :)

Mikaela Coston said...

Yay! Go Dually!

Jen said...

SOOO happy to hear! I'm very relieved for you:) Glad all is heading to well!

Frizzle said...

Woohooooo! So happy for you that the big guy is pulling through.

Maybe you should invest in a Hazmat suit? ;-)

Hillary said...

Yay! Glad Dually is doing better!

Checkmark115 said...

Thank god! But man thats tricky drug.

LOVE that chesnut.

eventer79 said...

Oh hooray for Dually! Congrats and, er, don't get anemia? ;-P

Jennifer said...

I've been away for a few days and I was praying for a good update when I got online this morning. So happy to hear he's doing better and coming home. But yikes about that medication!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...