Friday, April 5, 2013

Consider Spring Sprung

I don't want to jinx things (it did snow briefly on Tuesday...) but springtime appears to have finally come to New England! It's been a long winter, but all the snow and cold makes these warm sunny days seem even better. Now just for the grass to get green again, and we'll be cooking with gas.

 (The state park that we hack in is closed in the winter for cross country skiers, so it feels awesome to have it open to horses again!!)

 (Riding outside again... at 6pm!)

 (Ringo still has some winter fuzz, but his summer coat is starting to gleam through - plus I'm so thrilled with his weight and think it's the best it's ever been)

(Me and Ky out for a hack with Weezy, one of our cairn terriers)

In exciting news, I finally entered my first events of the year!! Ringo and I are headed to Mystic Valley Hunt Club for our second attempt at 4th Level Test 1 (with hopefully better results than our disastrous initial debut at Hossmoor a year ago!) in two weeks, and Ky and I are off to King Oak in early May for my first event in over a year and a half. SO. EXCITED.

The one bummer of the past few days was hearing from Oxford that I didn't get into my top choice college, and that I didn't get the scholarships I was hoping for. Oh well. It means a little more waiting and little more worry, but it's going to be worth it in the long run. 

7 comments:

SprinklerBandit said...

Love the pictures! The state park looks gorgeous.

AmberRose- Girl With a Dream said...

Really love the first picture, sorry to hear about oxford x

Kate said...

Bummer about the colleges.. I think. Actually, I find it hard to sympathetic since you're still going to Oxford, so its like winning $1000 on a lottery ticket vs $2000. The extra thousand's nice, but its still free money. Similarly, your choice college would be optimal, but its still Oxford!
Did they tell you which one you are going to, or jsut that you didn't get into Trinity?

Also, love the pictures :) Ky has the cutest ears!

Katherine Erickson said...

Haha it's true, it's pretty much the ultimate first world problem. They didn't tell me what college I'm actually in, basically my application only just got sent on to the other colleges after I got rejected by my first choice. So it's going to be a few more weeks :)

Suzanne said...

Yay! GB is back to being open to horses! Wooo hooo! And you'll be back eventing another Woooo hooo! It will be good to see you again!

Amanda said...

Look at Ringo, all chunky and what not!!! He looks good with that weight....like a DQ horse! ;)

L.Williams said...

Suspense always kills me! Those pics are really great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...