Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Kyote Photo/Video Round Up

First of all, thank you SO MUCH for all your wonderful comments on my last post. I'm still seriously 'chuffed to bits' (as the Brits would say) with our performance last weekend and am sort of absorbing how amazing this journey with my wonderful horse has been. 

Two years ago to the weekend Ringo and I trotted down the centerline of our first show together after a year of rehab from an injury that could have easily been career-ending. We went First Level, and I still remember being so blown away with how fun it was. I'd never had a horse before that liked dressage, and so had never thought that I could like dressage, too. Over the following two years Ringo and I have learned a mind-boggling amount, all of which I never thought I would be able to learn, but I'll always be most thankful for that first realization he gave me: that dressage can be really, really fun. Even at the times when this sport seems so frustrating, I always come back to that feeling and smile.

But anyway, this post isn't supposed to be about Ringo! I've finally organized together a bunch of visual media of Ky from the spring's adventures: professional photos (used with permission, of course) from King Oak and Groton House, and a video of our stadium round at GHF from my Pa's cell phone (so apologies in advance, we look like little tan and black ants, but his cuteness is still evident). Enjoy!

(Ky cantering to 3rd place at King Oak, being uhhmaaaaaazing)

 (Struttin' at GHF - I absolutely love this picture)

 (Being a champ over the log out of water at GHF, even though I presented it to him like a total doof and so got mildly left behind, despite it being approximately 12" in height. Oh well. He's still amazing.)

(What a good creature!)

I also have some exciting news about Ky that I'm waiting a little longer to announce so as not to jinx it, but if it works out I'm going to be a very, very happy lady. So fingers crossed I can spill the beans in the near future!

5 comments:

Dom said...

I seriously love the look of this horse.

Katherine Erickson said...

Thanks, Dom! I'm defintely biased, but I think he's pretty special.

My Horses Love Eventing said...

He is so freaking cute!

T Myers said...

I just love ky! Reminds me so much of the horse I rode in Scotland https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=403162649800663&set=t.504766829&type=3&theater

wondering if he is going overseas with you???

Katherine Erickson said...

Wow, T Myers, what a horse!! Alas no, I can barely afford to get myself over to England, so Ky unfortunately is not making the trip with me. If only!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...