Monday, September 30, 2013

The Witching Hour

Well, we've finally made it: my last morning in America, and my last post on this blog before I head over. Next time I check in, I'll be a bonafide full time resident of the United Kingdom! How surreal is that??

The last week has been an emotional one, and rather than try to parse through it all now, I leave you all with some of the wonderful photos Pa took of me and Ringo yesterday. It was an absolutely perfect fall New England day, crisp and bright, and I couldn't have been happier to spend it in the company of the people and animals I love so much.










Gosh, it's so hard to say goodbye, even when the next chapter is so bright and exciting. Fortunately I have a nice busy day today to keep me from getting too mopey, and then I'm off! See you all on the other side :)

(Also, my cat. I can't even.)

11 comments:

Heidi said...

Good luck! What is happening with Ringo? You said Ky is getting leased out but I might have missed what Ringo and Kiki are doing.

Niamh said...

What a beautiful way to capture your last moments together. You guys make such a perfect pair:) Looking forward to following along with all your adventures as you move on to the next chapter.

redheadlins said...

I am amazed by your bravery and look forward to following your English adventures.

L.Williams said...

Safe travels my friend!

Carly said...

Good luck, and have a safe trip over! I can't wait to read all about your new adventures!

SprinklerBandit said...

Love the pictures, excited for new adventures. :)

Carrot Top said...

Bon Voyage!

Dom said...

Travel safe! Can't wait for the next leg of your journey. Awesome photos in the meantime...

T Myers said...

Have a safe trip, good luck with customs, they are always dicks at the border in the UK I find. I am so jealous, I miss the UK so much, wish I could go back!

Looking forward to following this next chapter of your life!

Katherine Erickson said...

Haha you're right they usually are - when I studied abroad every time I came back in they acted like I was trying to sneak into the country despite me having ample paperwork to the contrary. But this time the guy was actually really nice! A good omen, hopefully :)

Kate said...

Hope you arrived safe & sound, and are settling in alright! Also, I'm not sure if you mentioned it before, but which college did you end up in?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...