Saturday, December 14, 2013

FIVE HUNDRED - Comment for Some Swag!

Well, I'm safely back from Bosnia! It was an amazing trip and I can't wait to give a fuller recap in a few days when I get my head back on straight. In the meantime, though...

HAPPY 500th POST!!

Wahoo!! If you told me back in May 2008 when, on the end of my year off between high school and college as a tired South Carolina-based working student, I'd still be writing this blog today as a horseless expat grad student, you would have literally blown my mind. This blog has been through some amazing ups and downs and covered my entire college career, IHSA, IDA, polo, traveling abroad, working in the horse show world, eventing from Beginner Novice to Intermediate, and dressage from Training Level Test 1 to Prix St Georges. There's been injury, heartache, triumph, and (every so often) even a little taste of victory. I have no idea what the next 500 posts will bring, but I'm so thankful that so many people have joined me on this crazy journey so far. 

To celebrate, I'm doing my very first giveaway! I'll be giving away five prints of my photographic work--just in time for the holidays! I haven't chosen which prints specifically yet I'll be making, but will allow you to choose from either a 'horsey' photo or an 'artsy' one. 

('horsey')

('artsy')

In order to win,  just leave a comment with your email at the bottom of this post. I will draw the five winners on this coming Wednesday, 18 December 2013. I'm excited!

So thanks again, for shared victory and shared defeats, for support and encouragement, for over a quarter million page views, and for your unending love and generosity. I'm a lucky, lucky lady.

22 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! my email is nelsonmeganc@gmail.com

Austen Gage said...

Aw, the giveaway is sweet, but I've loved your blog and am happy you're still writing. That's the best part!

Happy 500!

Jenn said...

Happy 500th post!! Huzzah!!

And I'd love to be entered! Email is jennsie @ gmail.com

Dom said...

Happy 500 posts!

Save The Bullet said...

Congrats on 500 posts! I'd love to entered! My email is SaveTheBullets@gmail.com

Elena said...

Oh my god I hope I win!
Elenatamsen@gmail.com

Leslie said...

Ooooohhh pick me!!! You know my email hopefully :)

*Sharon* said...

Have to confess I haven't been here the whole way, but love your work.
shazgold@gmail.com

Andrea said...

I love love love these!

Tracy said...

Woohoo! Congratulations on 500 posts! I was excited just to reach 100, haha.

Niamh said...

When I first found you blog I went all the way to the beginning and read it from the start (that was few years ago, so not as crazy as it sounds). It's been an honor to follow your journey!

Even though I am lucky enough to already have some of your work, I'd love more!

xniamhx@gmail.com

Carly said...

I just got SO distracted by the "Countries I've Visited" pictures on the sidebar. Holy cow, you're amazing.

Happy 500! starkeycarly@gmail.com

SprinklerBandit said...

Sign me up!!

aimee dot towell at gmail dot com

Equine Snob said...

Ooooo! Count me in! I love artwork! And hubby said we need more originals to hang around the house!! =D
equinesnob@gmail.com

Way to go on the 500!

L.Williams said...

totes entering. Lnwillia at gmail dot com

Jen said...

I am coming out of my contest hiatus for this, I have been a fan of this blog for years but also LOVED your photo blog when you had it! Congratulations on 500, and thanks for continuing to post!

jalean11 at gmail dot com

S Kulk said...

Happy 500th post! Your prints are awesome - is there any way to support your photography outside the contest as well? (sheisha at gmail dot com).

Emily Blackman said...

LOVE your photography!!!

blackman.emilyN@gmail.com

Marisa Kathryn Leigh Goode said...

Happy 500th post!!
marisa.goode@gmail.com!

Brittney Long Braddy said...

I've been reading your blog for the past year or so and have enjoying following your adventures! Happy 500th!
brittneyjlong@gmail.com

Mikaela Coston said...

Oh, how cool! Funny how quickly time flies and somehow we find ourselves not at all where we thought we would be!

mikaela.coston@gmail.com

Newsed6 said...

Would love to have your prints!

thisfullhouse@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...