Sunday, March 9, 2014

A Visit from an Old Friend

Oh goodness, I've fallen horribly behind in my blogging of late - massive apologies!! The end of term has hit me with the force of a juggernaut, and I've been frantically trying to keep up. It's going to be another crazy sprint into the finish over the next week and change; fingers crossed I can get everything wrapped up in time!

Besides a mountain of schoolwork and a lot (and I really mean A LOT) of rowing, things have actually been pretty quiet here, all things considered... with one major exception, that my good friend and former roommate Leslie came to visit a few weeks ago! I hadn't seen Leslie in a year and it was great to catch up again; it's always so nice to meet people that you can just fall right back into talking to them like you've been seeing them every day even when it's actually been months and months.

I lived with Leslie during my short stint in Middleburg in 2012 and we first met through the USEA, so needless to say that horse gossip was the top priority of the trip. Now that I have a little more distance from it, I can finally realize how absolutely ridiculous horse chat is... but that doesn't mean that I don't still love every second of it!!


(Leslie and I back in the good ol days with Orlando and Ray)

It was also really fun to get to see Oxford afresh through Leslie's eyes. I tried to be the best tour guide I could (despite having to abandon her for a whole day while I was in class) and it was great to get to think about all these beautiful sights that I've started to take for granted in the same light I had when I first arrived. This is such a cool place.



 (Enjoying some British high tea)

(Eating in Pembroke hall! If only the food matched up to the view...)

(Checking out the All Souls chapel - so. freakin'. boss.)

I was sad Leslie had to leave after just a few day - Leslie I you're reading this: please come visit again soon!!

4 comments:

Aoife said...

Better busy than bored, hope workload decreases soon & gives you a chance to breathe.
Fab that your friend could visit and that ye had a ball

Leslie Mintz said...

Of course I am reading this! I am your #1 blog fan in addition to being a real life friend :) Thanks for being an amazing host - I had a blast and can't wait to come again!!

P.S. Don't go so long without blogging again :)

redheadlins said...

I've been hoping for a new post from you! Glad things are going well, good luck with all the school work!

L.Williams said...

Glad you got a visitor!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...