Wednesday, March 12, 2014

One Last Reminder of the Season Gone By

My mom came to visit a few weeks ago, and she brought with her my mail from the States. Besides the wash of bills and tax forms (ugh), there were also a few gems--including a lovely thank you card from Niamh at Life of Riley!--and one big lumpy package from the USEF.

I knew what this package would be, but I still got choked up as I opened it. Inside were the last year-end awards to trickle in from the 2013 season: Ringo and Ky's Silver Stirrup Awards from the Performance Horse Registry (USEF's award program). It was another reminder of how wonderful last season truly was: Ringo came home New England regional champion at both 4th Level and PSG as well as nabbing 4th nationally at PSG, and Ky came reserve at Novice level eventing and third in Training level dressage.

(Pretty! I don't think I'll ever stop being a sucker for 15¢ worth of satin)

Gosh, I've been so lucky. It was a bittersweet moment to hang them up here in my room in Oxford, with Ray and Ky both off to lovely new homes 3,000 miles away, but also an excellent reminder of how fortunate I've been to have such wonderful opportunities to show and participate in this sport that I love so much for so long. Plus, it's a good incentive to get back to it someday!

4 comments:

SprinklerBandit said...

Bittersweet and beautiful. Congratulations on a great last season. :-)

Pam said...

I call ribbons "Colored Satin Evidence of Awesomeness" and just love the things. However, I must take exception to your .15. As the person who orders ribbons for various groups those are more like $10 worth of satin :D

Congrats

Aoife said...

Beautiful embodiments of your fantastic achievements with your fab boys.

T Myers said...

Congrats on your achievements!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...