Sunday, July 6, 2014

Emotional Blue Screen of Death

Well... it's been a while since I've written here, hasn't it?

The good news is that I'm alive and well, with my first year of grad school complete. I'm headed home to the States for a few weeks of vacation starting tomorrow, and I'm looking forward both to getting back to the US and for the academic year ahead.

The bad news is that, well, I had some real lows this spring. In fact, I've come to think of a lot of the early spring, especially the six weeks I had for easter vacation between terms, as a period where I had a brief emotional 'blue screen of death.' As in, I pretty much shut down. I woke up every day and maintained a basic level of functionality, but that was about it. I'm not really sure why it happened, but goodness am I glad it's over now.

Needless to say, blogging wasn't on my short list of 'basic functionality.' But now that the school year is over, I'm resolved to be back! After rebooting from my personal crash, I did end of having a fun and event-filled spring. So if anyone still reads this blog, fear not! I have plenty to recount.


9 comments:

Me said...

Of course I still read! Glad you're feeling better!

SprinklerBandit said...

Welcome back!

redheadlins said...

Glad you are here and doing OK!

Katherine Erickson said...

thanks guys! It's good to know some folks are still reading :)

Aoife said...

Always love your updates girl!
Glad you're feeling better - hope you have a fan fun filled summer

Beckz said...

Good to hear from you again

Elena said...

Glad to have you back! I have really enjoyed following along on your instagram!
P.S. When are you back in Oxford? I'll be there later this month...

Niamh said...

I'm glad you are back!!!!!

L.Williams said...

I am in week two of grad school and I am understanding this feel very much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...